Murder investigation launched in Limerick

first_imgWalk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April Facebook Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended Previous articleFatal Limerick stabbing under investigationNext articleMotorcyclist killed in county Limerick admin Linkedin No vaccines in Limerick yet Advertisement TAGSfeatured First Irish death from Coronavirus Printcenter_img Email NewsBreaking newsMurder investigation launched in LimerickBy admin – November 10, 2013 601 RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp Twitter By Andrew CareyGardai have launched a murder investigation after a 65-year old man was found with stab wounds in an apartment in the city in the early hours of this Sunday morning.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up 22 months after the last unlawful killing in the city, Gardai are now hunting the perpetrator of the latest murder when the man was pronounced dead after 3am when uniformed members arrived at the scene.The victim, known locally as Patrick Redmond from Limerick, was found in a 1st floor apartment with the wounds that led to be fatal.Two apartments were preserved for forensic and technical examinations.A post mortem carried out this Sunday afternoon at the University Limerick hospital and the results have now determined that Gardai are now on a manhunt in this the first murder in the city in almost two years.Originally from Dublin, Mr Redmond had been living in a first floor apartment in The Mount Kennett apartment block for a number of years.The 65-year old father of three is understood to have died after sustaining a single puncture wound to the back.Gardai are now appealing for assistance of the public.Superintendent Daniel Keane is appealing for information and has appealed to anyone who may have witnessed or heard anything to come forward and contact Gardai on 061 212400. Shannondoc operating but only by appointment Proceedures and appointments cancelled again at UHLlast_img read more

North Board to decide replay date of hurling final.

first_imgThat’s after yesterday’s exciting draw between Nenagh Éire Óg and Burgess.Burgess were heading for victory at McDonagh Park, before Nenagh substitute Paul Ryan struck with the equalising goal in the fourth minute of injury time, to leave the final score-Nenagh Éire Óg 1-20 Burgess 2-17. Nenagh Éire Óg manager Liam Heffernan was impressed with their opponentslast_img

Asante Kotoko suspends defender Ofosu Appiah

first_imgKumasi Asante Kotoko have handed a one-month suspension to defender Ofosu Appiah for opening his “mouth wide”.The centre-back caused a major stir after claiming some management members tried to convince the playing body to play a match of convenience against AshGold in the league.Appiah claims he rejected the bribe from a management member.Kotoko have decided to suspend the former Heart of Lions player from the team so he can assist in investigations.Source: Ghanasoccernetlast_img