View post tag: Readiness View post tag: usa View post tag: CSG’s View post tag: Credits View post tag: Honing View post tag: Commander As the John C. Stennis Carrier Strike Group (JCSSG) arrived at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Feb. 17, the CSG’s Air Wing Commander credited the Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF) with improving the group’s readiness seven months earlier as it prepared to deploy.“The Hawaii Range Complex provided realistic and challenging training opportunities for our air wing,” said Capt. Dale Horan, commander of Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 9, embarked aboard Stennis.The strike group returned to Hawaii on its way home from a seven-month deployment to the U.S. 5th and 7th Fleet areas of operation. Last summer, the strike group conducted more than 200 hours of training in Hawaii waters. On deployment, Horan believes the strike group demonstrating the value of the range complex to the Navy. “It allowed us to further hone our strike and close-air support skills and procedures, helping us to operate at a high level of effectiveness throughout deployment as we provided support to forces on the ground in Afghanistan and Iraq,” he said.PMRF on Kauai, an element of the Hawaii Range Complex, continues to be an asset for the Department of the Navy due to the range’s ability to provide integrated range services in a modern, multithreat, multidimensional environment, from space to the ocean floor that ensures the safe conduct and evaluation of training and test and evaluation missions.“PMRF, located Hawaii, is ideally situated to support training to meet readiness requirements for Navy and joint forces based on Hawaii, as well as for U.S. Naval Forces transiting to the Western Pacific and Indian Ocean for deployment. The range has capabilities to support training in all Navy primary mission and warfare areas,” said Bob Kay, PMRF’s deputy range operations officer. “As a diverse and important training, test and evaluation resource, PMRF furthers the Navy’s ability to protect and serve our nation and our allies.”PMRF has also been the primary location for Missile Defense Agency testing since the 1990s and while these test and evaluation missions gather much of the spotlight, the critical training value of PMRF to U.S. and allied military forces is often overlooked. Last year, the Stennis Strike Group was just one of the groups to use PMRF. In 2011, PMRF supported 22,337 training hours which included 788 unit training events and 640 aircraft.According to Kay, PMRF’s training opportunities benefit not only the U.S. Pacific Fleet but also allies and friends of the United States.The largest training exercise held in Hawaii waters is the biennial Rim of the Pacific (RIMPAC) multi-national event, which has been conducted since 1971. The RIMPAC 2010 exercise involved approximately 20,000 Sailors, Soldiers, and Airmen from the joint services of 14 allied and partner countries. PMRF provided exercise participants the opportunity to conduct live-fire events. This opportunity is cited as a major reason many of the allied forces participate; because they do not have such capability at home.“They are looking forward to the next RIMPAC training event because it brings their proficiency up as a real test of their capabilities,” said Ron Sakoda, Sen. Daniel Inouye’s Kauai field representative who embarked Stennis Feb. 16-17 as they made their way to Hawaii, to see, first-hand, the benefits of training.“It was an experience second to none,” said Sakoda, who observed flight operations as Stennis approached Hawaii. “The Sailors were very dedicated to their work and they bring our Navy to a higher level.”[mappress]Naval Today Staff , February 22, 2012; Image: navy February 22, 2012 Back to overview,Home naval-today USA: CSG’s Air Wing Commander Credits PMFR with Honing Strike Group Readiness View post tag: Group View post tag: Navy View post tag: PMFR View post tag: News by topic View post tag: Naval View post tag: air View post tag: Wing USA: CSG’s Air Wing Commander Credits PMFR with Honing Strike Group Readiness View post tag: Strike Share this article
Ghana Universities Sports Association (GUSA) will begin preparations later this month for the upcoming World University Games which will be organized in Naples, Italy, in July. Following the Successful end of the 2019 GUSA games at the University of Cape coast, the technical team have an idea of athletes who will be representing the country at the World Games.Hosts University of Cape Coast (UCC) emerged the overall winners at the GUSA games this year with a total of 20 gold medals, 11 silver medals, and 6 bronze medals.Tertiary institutions which contested for the games included University of Cape Coast, the University of Education, (UEW) the University for Development Studies (UDS), and the University of Ghana (UG), University of Mines and Technology (UMAT), University for Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA), University of Energy and Natural Resources (UENR), University of Health and Allied Sciences (UHAS) among others.University for Development Studies are expected to dominate the football team after annexing the competition and finishing second with a total of 13 gold, 11silver and 12 bronze. University of Ghana came third with 4 gold medals,9 silver and 9 bronze medals. University of Education Winneba came fourth with a gold medal and were followed closely by University of Energy and Natural Resources, University of Mines and Technology, University of Health and Allied Sciences and University for Professional Studies who recorded no gold medals.Speaking at the closing ceremony, Professor Joseph Ampiah Ghartey, Vice Chancellor of the University of Cape Coast applauded the various institutions for exhibiting good sportsmanship during the games. He also expressed delight with the level of talent on display adding that Local Organising Committee (LOC) did a great work with the organisation despite the short notice they had at their disposal.“The LOC did a good job despite the short notice they had at their disposal”, Professor Ampiah Ghartey noted.The GUSA flag was lowered and given to the University of Ghana which would be hosting the next GUSA games in 2020.Ghana Universities Sports Association Technical team will soo determine when the camping for this summer’s Universiade in Naples will begin. The World Universities games was initially scheduled for Brasília, which would have been the second time Brazil hosted the event, However, on December 23, 2014, it was confirmed that Brasília withdrew from hosting the event, citing financial problems. International University Sports Federation decided to reopen the bidding process after the withdrawal
Campisi called the township’s actions “discouraging” and said the decisions not to include affordable units in those developments was in direct violation of the municipality’s state-certified plans. Fair Share Housing Center spokesperson Anthony Campisi said Middletown Township’s history is not one of inclusion. Mercantante said the threat is theoretical and the township has had success navigating any such lawsuits in the past. “We’ll address any of those on a case-by-case basis if we have to. Our record is strong,” he said. The decision to withdraw from the proceedings could leave Middletown susceptible to builder’s remedy lawsuits, in which a developer proposes a housing project in a town that has not reached a settlement agreement with the state. Though details about the settlement proceedings could not be disclosed, Mercantante said the Fair Share Housing Center wanted to stake Middletown to “hundreds of more units” as part of an ongoing third round of obligations. As for Four Ponds, Mercantante said the proposal came before the planning board at a time when COAH was disbanded by the state. “Few towns in New Jersey are as committed to excluding working class residents as Middletown. This is a town that consistently fails to fulfill promises and instead permits large-scale developments without any affordable units included,” Campisi said, citing a 180-unit development at the former Bamm Hollow Country Club and another 228-unit development in Four Ponds at Lincroft. Since 2008, 350 new affordable units were issued certificates of occupancy. That equates to 31 percent of 1,119 total residential units issued certificates in that period. Mercantante said the Bamm Hollow project was scaled back dramatically from an initial proposal of about 1,200 units to the 180 on site today. The site plan was submitted when New Jersey’s state Council on Affordable Housing (COAH) still existed. MIDDLETOWN – In a bold move, township officials are pushing back against state-mandated affordable housing obligations they say are unreasonable and unrealistic. According to township administrator Anthony P. Mercantante, last week township attorney Brian Nelson was directed to apply for an order of dismissal in Middletown’s ongoing New Jersey Superior Court proceedings, which began in July 2015. “At the time, we alreadyhad a COAH-certified planthat did not include BammHollow. We didn’t need toinclude it in our plan. Ourobligation had already beenmet,” Mercantante said. “Long before I was on the township committee our governing body and administration have worked in good faith with the Fair Share Housing Committee to ensure Middletown continued its record as a socioeconomically diverse community. We thought we were in good standing moving forward, but we came to a stonewall and can’t operate in good faith any longer,” Perry said. He noted the settlement included a stipulation that for each one of the homes built at the former country club, an annual contribution is made to the municipality’s affordable housing trust fund, which he said is used to create other opportunities for low- and moderate-income residents and families. “Nearly 300 towns across the state have housing settlements in place or being approved. We’re not asking Middletown to do anything special. We’re asking them to follow the law. And we’ll be monitoring the situation very closely to see if any litigation arises as a result of the withdrawal,” Campisi said. “COAH disappeared and we had no idea what the future of affordable housing would be. So we decided not to include affordable housing in that development and ensured it was included in future developments,” Mercantante said. Mayor Tony Perry said the obligations proposed by the Fair Share Housing Center were “unreasonable.” The proceedings were led by the Fair Share Housing Center, a nonprofit organization founded in 1975 to defend the rights of New Jersey residents against exclusionary municipal zoning practices. According to Mercantante, since 1999 the township has created 605 affordable units in various forms of housing types, including condominiums, detached single-family homes, rental apartments, senior housing and accessory apartments. Additionally, four more development projects, including the residential tract of the Village 35 project – which calls for 280 luxury townhomes and 70 affordable units in three separate apartment buildings – call for the construction of affordable units.
WINNIPEG, Manitoba — Evander Kane isn’t expecting Justin Braun, Tomas Hertl and Tim Heed to receive the full Winnipeg treatment Tuesday night. The local fan base will be zeroing in on a bigger villain.The Sharks are in town to play the Jets for the first time since January 2018 when videotape surfaced showing Braun, Hertl and Heed tape criticizing Winnipeg for being “cold” and “dark” and technologically primitive. It also will be the first visit in a Sharks uniform for Kane, who is public …
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest 180326_RyanMartin
DA eyes importing ‘galunggong’ anew San Miguel Beer turns cold in Game 1 as Magnolia clamps down on defense Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting “I think it’s more about getting my rhythm, it’s really my injury that’s affecting me because I feel good. I was out 12 days, almost two weeks since I last played long minutes so I’m just trying to get my rhythm,” he said. “I’m gonna bounce back on Game 2.”“He had an off night but I know will be back,” said SMB head coach Leo Austria, who rued his team’s poor shot selection in the loss.The Beermen shot just 37 percent from the field, including 9-of-36 from downtown.ADVERTISEMENT PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss Cayetano: Senate, Drilon to be blamed for SEA Games mess LATEST STORIES Duterte wants probe of SEA Games mess MANILA, Philippines—San Miguel Beer sniper Marcio Lassiter returned from a back injury just in time for Game 1 of the PBA Philippine Cup Finals against Magnolia Wednesday night.ADVERTISEMENT Philippine Arena Interchange inaugurated SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte Panelo: Duterte ‘angry’ with SEA Games hosting hassles Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Hontiveros presses for security audit of national power grid MOST READ But his shooting hasn’t. At least not yet.Although his back is fine, Lassiter admitted that he’s still groping for form due to the long layoff.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesSPORTSSingapore latest to raise issue on SEA Games food, logistics“My back is good. [The pain] is something that I had from the previous games but I feel a lot better. I’m just gonna get my rhythm going for the next games,” Lassiter told reporters after a 99-94 loss.The 31-year-old Lassiter, who played 32 minutes, went scoreless after missing all of his eight shots, including the potential game-tying triple in the last 20 seconds of the game. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next View comments
This year, millions of “Supernatural” fans were given the opportunity to design and vote for the artwork that will be featured on the Official Merchandise for The CW’s hit show.The five winning Collector’s Edition T-shirts will be on sale this week; one new design will be released each day and on sale for 48 hours ONLY or until supplies last. By purchasing a T-shirt, fans are also automatically entered to win one of the 25 shirts signed by co-stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki.Over the past three weeks, thousands of T-shirt designs were submitted and almost 100,000 votes were cast to determine which 20 designs would be delivered to the cast and crew. This week, May 12-16, Executive Producers Jeremy Carver and Bob Singer will announce one T-shirt per day (5 total) that the cast and crew have chosen as Official Merchandise!Once the Official Merchandise sells out, they’re gone forever. 15% of proceeds will benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, and shirts will be on sale for $24 (domestic shipping is free).To order the tees or find out more, click here.
London: Key figures in Britain’s opposition Labour Party said Friday the government should oppose the extradition of Julian Assange to the United States. Party leader Jeremy Corbyn said in a tweet that the U.S. is trying to extradite Assange because he exposed “evidence of atrocities in Iraq and Afghanistan.” Diane Abbott, Labour’s spokeswoman for domestic affairs, told the BBC the government should block the extradition on human rights grounds, adding that much of the information that he brought into the public domain was in the public interest. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince ‘snubbed’ Pak PM, recalled jet from USAbbott said the US case against Assange is about the “embarrassment of the things he’s revealed about the American military and security services.” Police arrested the WikiLeaks founder Thursday at the Ecuadorian embassy in London after Ecuador withdrew his asylum. He is in custody awaiting sentencing for jumping bail in 2012, and is also facing what is expected to be a lengthy extradition proceeding initiated by the United States. US Justice Department officials seek to put Assange on trial for allegedly conspiring to break into a classified government computer at the Pentagon. The charge was announced after Assange was taken into custody. If found guilty, Assange faces a maximum five years in prison. It is also possible that Assange, 47, will face an extradition request from Sweden if prosecutors there decide to pursue allegations of rape and sexual misconduct against him. Also Read – Record number of 35 candidates in fray for SL Presidential pollsAssange took refuge in the Ecuadorian embassy in 2012 after he was released on bail in Britain while facing extradition to Sweden on the allegations. He had stayed inside the embassy building for seven years. Swedish prosecutors dropped the case against Assange in 2017, saying at the time there was no prospect of bringing him to Sweden because of his protected status inside the embassy. Assange received a verbal rebuke in his first court appearance Thursday afternoon when District Judge Michael Snow found him guilty of breaching his bail conditions. “Mr Assange’s behavior is that of a narcissist who cannot get beyond his own selfish interests,” Snow said. Assange’s next court appearance was set for May 2 via prison video-link in relation to the extradition case, a process that involves several layers of appeal that could take years.
Paul Pogba has reportedly informed agent Mino Raiola that he wishes to return to Juventus after his latest public dispute with Jose MourinhoThe pair have had a fractious relationship over the past year but resolved to put Pogba’s future aside until the end of the season.But, upon Mourinho’s latest choice of tactics in Manchester United’s 1-1 draw with Wolves on Saturday, TeamTalk claims Pogba is once more reconsidering his Old Trafford future.The French midfielder believes that United should not be playing defensively against a newly-promoted team like Wolves.“We’re at home, and we should play much better against Wolves,” said Pogba.“When we’re at home, we should attack, attack, attack. That’s Old Trafford. We’re here to attack. I think teams are scared when they see Manchester United attacking and attacking.Juventus confirm Mario Mandzukic could leave this month Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Sporting director Fabio Paratici confirmed reports that Mario Mandzukic could leave Juventus for a move to an unnamed Qatari team.“That was our mistake.“We should just attack and press, like we did against Tottenham, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal last season. When we play like this, it’s easier for us.”Italian news outlet Tuttosport have even created a headline stating: “Pogboom, he wants Juve”.Pogba managed 34 goals and 43 assists in 178 games across all competitions for Juventus.In his four years at Turin, Pogba won the Serie A title in each season along with two Italian Cup and Supercups.