A MAN has been arrested and released pending further investigations after details of GAA members from throughout the country were stolen.We can reveal that the details of hundreds of registered GAA members in Donegal were on the stolen database.However it’s thought that a former disgruntled employee of Servasport in Belfast, the company which managed the GAA members database, was behind an incident where discs containing information were sent to the Gaelic Players Association and the Data Protection Commissioner in Dublin. PSNI sources have ruled out any paramilitary or sinister motive behind the leak.As well as the names and addresses of members, the database holds:288,511 dates of birth107,212 mobile numbers63,695 landline numbers30,171 email addressesIn 544 individual cases, the database referred to a medical condition.The GAA said it would write directly to each of these members setting out the information about them. Over 167,000 of the members on the database are under 18.A PSNI source said they don’t believe any GAA members here or elsewhere in Ireland was at risk as a result of the actions of the former computer company.DONEGAL GAA MEMBERS DETAILS ON STOLEN DATABASE was last modified: December 11th, 2010 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
zoom Despite a surge in orders at South Korean shipyards in September which enabled them to overpower their Chinese counterparts, Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) seems to be suffering from acute lack of orders.According to HHI’s Vice Chairman Oh-Gap Kwon, cited by local media, the company managed to score orders for 30 vessels this year, which is only a third of the expected orders for over 100 ships.Speaking on Thursday at a review carried out by South Korea’s National Assembly, Kwon said that if orders don’t increase, the company might be forced to shut down operations at all its yards in the next eight months.Namely, the company’s order backlog comprises 75 ships which can be completed in eight months.Furthermore, newbuilding prices have been halved exerting further pressure on earnings for shipyards.Kwon added that the lack of ordering is also the reason why reopening of the Gunsan yard cannot take place, as such step would bring losses worth KRW 100 bn (USD 88.2 million) to the company.Hyundai Heavy Industries closed temporarily its Gunsan dockyard in July this year due to a lack of shipbuilding orders.In March 2017, HHI informed that it was looking to close another one of its dry docks at the Ulsan shipyard, the 380-meter-long Dock 5, which has a capacity to roll out 400,000 tons a year. The dock closure follows Hyundai Heavy’s decision to shut down the ops at its Dock 4 in June 2016.In addition, shortage of orders resulted in HHI’s introduction of leave rotation scheme for workers in September.The five-week program rotation would help resolve the issue of the idle workforce, HHI said, enabling the employees to keep their jobs.Wage cuts have also been among the measures implemented by the shipbuilder so as to cut costs and help improve the company’s liquidity.According to Kwon, he has not been paid for four years now.Last month, HHI finally secured a major order. Specifically, compatriot Polaris Shipping placed an order for ten very large ore carriers (VLOCs) of 325,000 DWT, worth USD 800 million.The delivery is slated for April 2021, HHI said in a regulatory filing.The contract is the largest single order for Hyundai in the last five years.World Maritime News Staff
Don’t look now, but the NBA has instituted another new rule. This one minimizes the time players put on their little performance during pre-game introductions, exhibitions that the league feel is slowing down the start of games. Seriously.Starting this season, as soon as player introductions are finished, there will be 90 seconds put on the game clock, and teams will be expected to be ready for tipoff after that time. Two delay of game warnings will result in a technical foul.The guideline will eliminate or severely cut down on the routines that players from most teams go through before games, which often include a series of handshakes with their own teammates before greeting opponents. It also could legislate out individual rituals like LeBron James’ famous chalk toss, which he abandoned last season during the playoffs, though James said he’ll try to get it done in the limited time.“I won’t change it. I’ll be able to work it in,” James said. “We’ll figure it out.”Over the years, as the elaborate handshakes and other routines have become extended — for example, Shaquille O’Neal famously created team-wide skits acted out before Phoenix Suns games three seasons ago — games have routinely taken five minutes or longer to begin after the starting lineups were announced. The NBA is attempting to speed up the start of games.Players have been advised of the initiative during the annual meetings with referees in the preseason as part of the league’s “points of emphasis.”“There’s a 90-second countdown, it is placed on the clock,” NBA spokesman Tim Frank said. “At 30 seconds, there’s a warning horn and alert by the refs. At the end, teams need to be ready to tip off or face a delay-of-game warning.”Two delay-of-game warnings would result in a technical foul.Players around the league are already reacting negatively to the new policy.“I personally don’t like it,” Kevin Durant of the Oklahoma City Thunder said to The Oklahoman. “Every player in this league has routines they do with their teammates, rituals they do before the game and before they walk on the floor. The fans enjoy it. You see the fans mimicking the guys who do their stuff before the game. To cut that down really don’t make no sense.”Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat is one of the league’s most active players before tipoff, usually greeting fans on all four sides of the arena, doing pull-ups on the rim and having a series of handshake routines. He said he’ll have to adjust to the new rules.“I’ll have to take something away for sure. I’m always going to make sure I show love to the fans,” Wade said Wednesday in Miami. “There’s so many rules, I can’t keep up. There’s no reason to make a big stink. It’s their league, it’s their rules.”
Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger has revealed that Maurizio Sarri’s terrifying post-match reaction after the loss to Wolves inspired the win over City.The Blues suffered a disappointing 2-1 defeat to Wolverhampton Wanderers last Wednesday despite taking the lead in the first half.The loss to Wolves handed Sarri only his second defeat as Chelsea boss but put a dent to their title aspirations.However, the Blues bounced back with an emphatic 2-0 win over champions Manchester City, ending Pep Guardiola’s side unbeaten run in the Premier League, thanks to goals from N’Golo Kante and David Luiz.Maurizio Sarri satisfied despite Juventus’ draw at Fiorentina Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Maurizio Sarri was satisfied with Juventus’ performance on Saturday afternoon after finishing a tough game at Fiorentina 0-0.“After the Wolves game, he was terrifying,” Rudiger said, according to ESPN. “He was going crazy. But that was OK, because we shouldn’t have lost this match.”“The day after, he was very calm and clear-minded. He spoke with us and made it clear that we have to believe in ourselves. He wanted us to go into the City game looking for the win.”
Ranger manager Steven Gerrard has lauded the additions of Jermain Defoe and Steven Davis to his squad this January.Defoe is on an 18-month loan from Bournemouth, while Davis has returned to Rangers from Southampton on an initial six-month loan subject to international clearance.Defoe made his intention for the club this season known via Twitter where he tweeted: ‘Let’s bring that trophy home boss.’Gerrard who played with Defoe in the national team told Daily Mail:Owen reveals why Liverpool didn’t offer Gerrard a new contract Manuel R. Medina – September 6, 2019 According to Owen, the Reds wanted to sell Gerrard two years before he left the club and that’s why they didn’t offer him a contract renewal.“He is an exceptionally talented striker and vastly experienced footballer who has scored goals at every club he has played for.“He will be a great addition to our dressing room and we look forward to integrating him into the squad whilst we work in Tenerife over the next week.”Steven Gerrard’s Rangers are hoping to lift the Scottish Premier League this season after a long period of dominance by defending Champions Celtic.
KUSI Newsroom KUSI Newsroom, 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsFriday morning, Judge David M. Gill allowed the release of Michael Joseph Martinez. In 2009, now 65 year-old Martinez was pronounced to be a sexually violent predatory by a jury in San Diego.According the the San Diego County District Attorney, “Michael Joseph Martinez (DOB: 11-2-52) is diagnosed with a Pedophilia and Personality Disorder. Between 1979 and 2004 he was convicted in four separate cases of crimes including child molest, annoying/molesting a child, lewd or lascivious acts upon a child under 14 and annoying a child under 18. These crimes occurred in both San Diego and Los Angeles Counties.”Last July, Martinez petitioned, “To be granted release into the Conditional Release Program (CON-REP) for sex offenders pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code 6608. This release, through the State Department of Mental Health (DMH) will begin his integration back to the community.”Early Friday morning, the State Department of Mental Health said Martinez has completed his program and is fit for release. Martinez will be placed at 2135 McCain Valley Road, Boulevard, CA 91905.(Photo courtesy of San Diego SAFE Task Force)County Supervisor Dianne Jacob is opposed to the release. Posted: March 16, 2018 Updated: 10:21 PM NEWS ADVISORY: State court on Friday to consider placing sexually violent predator in an East County community. Plans to house the child molester threaten public safety. Residents and I strongly oppose. pic.twitter.com/OtuA5YTTgN— Dianne Jacob (@dianne_jacob) March 15, 2018 A state judge today approved the placement of another sexually violent predator in our community. Any legal system that would allow this is badly broken. These monsters don’t belong out in the community, period.https://t.co/6LjTwjKOp2— Dianne Jacob (@dianne_jacob) March 16, 2018 March 16, 2018 Categories: Local San Diego News Tags: Michael Martinez Sexually violent predator allowed to live in East County neighborhood FacebookTwitter