Importantly, in the almost five months since the first case of imported Covid-19 infection was recorded in Croatia, there is still no official information that any of the citizens of other countries became infected in commercial accommodation in Croatia. Website www.croatiacovid19.info, launched by the Croatian Tourism Association with the aim of daily updated and accurate information on the number of Covid-19 cases in Croatia and its regions, in the first 4 days of launch was visited by over 30.000 unique users. Thanks to the quality epidemiological situation, Germany, Slovenia and Austria have confirmed that Croatia is safe and recommend it to their citizens for summer vacation. Bluesun Hotel Soline – Brela Most foreign guests from Germany, followed by Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Austria and Poland. The number of tourist arrivals from Germany is at 92 percent of last year’s result, from Slovenia at 91 percent of last year’s result, while the number of guest arrivals from Poland and the Czech Republic is at 82 percent of last year’s result The camp in Starigrad Paklenica has extremely good results, both due to its attractive position at the entrance to the Paklenica Nature Park, and due to the fact that guests in this, newly created conditions – choose this type of accommodation because they feel safe. “Great interest, especially from foreign guests, for the Covid-19 tracker page is another indicator that safety is a key determinant of success this season, and Croatia has been recognized as a safe destination by many foreign guests this season. ” stand out from HUT. Most visitors come from Germany (30,91%), Hungary (28,15%), Croatia (13,57%), Slovenia (10,82%), Austria (6,88%), the Netherlands (2,83%) ) and the UK (2,16%). A smaller number of users come from Switzerland (1%), Italy (0,65%) and Belgium (0,61%). 817 hotels and 417 campsites opened Occupancy of the tourist company Bluesun Hotels & Resorts currently it is about 80 percent, and it is expected that in the first half of August it will improve even more, because booking has increased significantly since mid-July, Bluesun Hotels & Resort points out. Since the beginning of the year, almost 3,9 million tourists have visited Croatia, with over 24 million overnight stays, and in July more than 2,2 million tourist arrivals, which is 53,2 percent of arrivals in the same period last year. Currently, 817 hotels and 417 campsites have been opened in Croatia, and new tourist facilities and facilities are opening daily in destinations along the coast. “Croatia continues to be the safest, closest and most acceptable holiday destination in the Mediterranean for all guests from the central EU”Emphasize from HUT. “As the air traffic has significantly decreased compared to previous seasons, most of them are still auto guests from countries close to us. The good news is that our biggest partner from the Scandinavian market, Ving, started with commercial flights from Sweden on Saturday, July 25.07, and Scandinavian guests are traditionally tied to our hotels on the Makarska Riviera and now we expect, and this can be seen on reservations – the return of guests from the area in the second half of August and in September”, Said Stjepko Šošić, Director of Revenue Management at Bluesun Hotels & Resorts
January 12, 2018 SHARE Email Facebook Twitter Economy, Jobs That Pay, Press Release Harrisburg, PA – Today, Governor Tom Wolf announced that Silgan Containers, LLC, a manufacturer of steel and aluminum containers for human and pet food, will expand their operations into Pennsylvania and create 29 new manufacturing jobs in Upper Macungie Township, Lehigh County.“From day one, I’ve made manufacturing one of the top business priorities of my administration by expanding workforce development programs, eliminating burdensome business taxes, and proactively working with manufacturers to help them grow and thrive right here in Pennsylvania,” Governor Wolf said. “This project will bring 29 good-paying manufacturing jobs to Lehigh Valley workers and their families. I applaud Silgan Containers for choosing Pennsylvania as their new hub on the east coast.”Silgan Containers is expanding into a facility that will enable it to meet its growing east coast customer requirements. The company is investing $15 million into the project, which will include the purchase of equipment and the training of its employees. The project will create 29 new jobs over the next three years.Silgan Containers received a funding proposal from the Department of Community and Economic Development that includes a $120,000 Pennsylvania First grant, a $13,050 WEDnet grant for employee training, and $87,000 in Job Creation Tax Credits to be issued after the new jobs are created.The project was coordinated by the Governor’s Action Team, an experienced group of economic development professionals who report directly to the governor and work with businesses that are considering locating or expanding in Pennsylvania, with assistance from the Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation (LVEDC).“The Silgan Containers development in the Lehigh Valley is an example of the synergy of how manufacturing and product distribution grow together,” said Don Cunningham, president and CEO of LVEDC. “Silgan and its product is an important part of the supply chain of Nestle Purina and other products being made and distributed from the Lehigh Valley. The region’s emergence as a major industrial and manufacturing in Pennsylvania continues to create more jobs here.”Silgan Containers officially became a company in 1987, acquiring its first can operation from Carnation Company. Besides producing containers for human and pet food, it also produces metal, composite, and plastic closures for food and beverage products, containers for personal care, health care, pharmaceutical, household, and industrial chemical, agricultural, automotive, and marine chemical products.For more information about the Governor’s Action Team or DCED, visit dced.pa.gov. Governor Wolf Announces Silgan Containers Expanding into Pennsylvania and Creating New Manufacturing Jobs in the Lehigh Valley
Chief Justice Francis Korkpor Chief Justice Francis Korkpor vowsLawyers who are openly backing people dissatisfied about the the Supreme Court’s interpretation the Code of Conduct (CoC) expected to face serious punishment, Chief Justice Francis Korkpor publicly disclosed last Thursday.Since the court opinion (judgment) on the code that disqualified the assistant minister of administration at the Ministry of Post and Telecommunication, Abu Kamara, and qualified two vice presidential candidates, Harrison Karnwea, of the Liberty Party (LP) and Jeremiah Sulunteh, of the Alternative National Congress (ANC), there have been mixed reactions among the public.In the midst of those mixed reactions, Chief Justice Francis Korkpor, during last Thursday’s hearing, appeared very furious that he interrupted Associate Justice Philip A.Z. Banks, who was reading the court’s opinion that reversed the National Elections Commission (NEC) earlier decision to reject Karnwea and Sulunteh from running in the October presidential and legislative election for being in violation of the CoC for public officials.At that moment, Justice Korkpor was heard publicly saying, “We received information about a lawyer appearing on a radio talk show, where said lawyer was making statement to incite the public against the justices.”The chief justice felt short to disclose the identity of the lawyer but, went on to describe the said lawyer’s action as “travesty of justice.”Travesty of justice means a miscarriage of justice or an act of the legal system that is an insult to the system of justice.Recently, when Cllr, Boakai Kenneh appeared on a state radio program, the Bumper Show at the Liberia Broadcasting System, he said there was no need for the Supreme Court to have confirmed NEC’s rejection of Kamara from contesting the upcoming elections, because of violation of the CoC.Although, the court declared that Kamara was in violation of the code because he was still serving as assistant minister for administration at the Ministry of Post and Telecommunications, Kenneh argued that laws are ex-post facto, meaning “that a law that makes illegal an act that was legal when committed, increases the penalties for an infraction, after it has been committed, or changes that rules of evidence to make conviction easier.”The 1986 Constitution of Liberia prohibits making of ex-post facto law.“The amendment on the CoC was made by the National Legislature on June 23 of this year, and NEC’s nomination process started on June 19, therefore, the amended law should not have affected anyone, because this country does not subscribe to ex-post facto law,” Kenneh was quoted as having said on the show.It is however not clear as to whether or not Kenneh was the one who the Chief Justice Korkpor was referring to in terms of expressing dissatisfaction with the Supreme Court decision.Korkpor went on, “This is a travesty of justice and if our investigation established that said lawyer actually made the utterance, that person will be dealt with seriously, because lawyers are face of the court, and they should not do anything that will incite the public against the court.”According to the chief justice, for so long they (justices) have been under serious threat by people who their judgment had gone against.“Whenever we handed down our opinions, we always received threatening remarks sometimes, through text messages against our lives for our decision,” Korkpor claimed, though he did not exhibit any threatening text messages during the Thursday hearing.According to the chief justice, lawyers are face of the Supreme Court and it should be their sole responsibility to educate the public about any judgment of the court, stressing “If they joined the public who don’t understand the laws to incite the people against the justices, it undermine the integrity of the court.”On several occasions, Justice Korkpor has maintained that the break-down of the rule of law was greatly responsible for the country’s 14 years of civil war, and they (justices) will ensure that party litigants get free, fair and transparent justice.Besides, Chief Justice Korkpor, Associate Justice Jamesetta Wolokollie, whenever she has the opportunity to speak at an occasion, always made similar statement about justices being threatened whenever they passed judgment in any cases.“Whenever we come out with our judgment, we always received threats from unknown callers, sometimes, in text messages from the party that they have ruled against,” Justice Wolokollie said, confirming Justice Korkpor’s allegation.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
– as management imposes “gang merger”Several estates are already being impacted as Government moves to downsize the local sugar industry. Among those are Albion Estate on the Corentyne Coast in East Berbice, whose management has moved to impose certain new measures — including merging gangs — that would lead to a reduction in shop stewards.In an effort to get this issue addressed, scores of Albion Estate cane cutters picketed the estate’s administrative office on Thursday, protesting against the Guyana Sugar Corporation’s (GuySuCo’s) action to reassemble working gangs 14A, 14B and 15A into one gang.Scores of Albion Estate cane cutters have staged a picketing exercise outside of that estate’s Administrative Office, expressing strong disagreement over a GuySuCo decision to merge three (3) cane cutting gangsPresident of the Guyana Agricultural and General Workers Union (GAWU), Komal Chand, told Guyana Times that GuySuCo’s unilateral action would reduce the number of shop stewards from nine to three, and those would be presiding over a workforce of approximately 700 cane cutters. According to him, this serves as a major demotivation.Chand said the shop stewards were, on July 25, 2017, informed of the decision by an official of GuySuCo, who allegedly refused to engage the stewards on the rationale for the decision, but — reportedly in an unpleasant tone — told them, “It was a management decision”.GAWU is of the view that three shop stewards cannot effectively service the issues and problems which arise in the course of the workers’ day; hence, over the past years, the ratio of shop stewards to workers has been about three to 230/ 250 workers – a ratio which has been tested and proven workable to date.Chand says this move by the ‘New GuySuCo’ is yet another rollback of the workers’ gains, and is cause for greater demotivation within the harassed workforce across the sugar belt.“GAWU calls on GuySuCo to engage immediately the Union and the shop stewards in earnest, with a view to addressing the “gang merger,” a GAWU statement has said.Chand told Guyana Times that the forceful merger of the previously mentioned gangs at this time — commencement of the sugar industry’s second crop harvest — is a most negative approach by those in charge of the industry, and may not have factored in consideration of the best interests of the sugar industry.In announcing plans to downsize the sugar industry, Government has said it plans to close the Enmore and Rose Hall Sugar estates, and sell the Skeldon Sugar Factory; but it intends to keep the estates at Blairmont, on the West Bank of Berbice; Albion-Rose Hall, in East Berbice; and Uitvlugt-Wales in West Demerara.Government also plans to cut sugar production to approximately 147,000 tonnes per annum, to satisfy local market demand (25,000 tonnes per annum); Caricom and other regional markets’ demand (50,000-60,000 tonnes per annum); the United States’ market demand (12,500 tonnes per annum) and the world market demand (50,000 tonnes per annum).